Friday, 25 April 2008

Minets of England - Wake Up / My Love Is Yours

Minets of England - Wake Up / My Love Is Yours (DCP 1129. 1965)



The Minets were formed by George Warne. George was from the UK, but went out to Boston after he graduated from university, along with some friends. They cut a deal with the guy who owned Ceasers Montecello and released several 45s, including this one on Sinatra's producer Don Costa's label. They achieved some minor chart success locally, but were a very popular local band. Unfortunately the band had to return to England as they had been in the US long enough to be eligable for the draft and the girlfriends back home didn't want that..


thanks to Matthew Warne for the update


My Love Is Yours





Wake Up


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello - my Dad was the drummer in the Minets but I never knew that this 45 existed. It would be really cool if I could get a copy or at least an mp3 of the single. Ashton has since passed on and Dad and him spent time together when Dad went home to the UK and when Ashton visited us here is Australia. Would it be possible to organise something to get an mp3? Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers Andrew

PFF said...

Good to hear from you Andrew. I've addd the audio, hope you enjoy it!

If you have any pictures of the band they would be great to see.

PFF

Anonymous said...

I have both pictures and copies of the single. I knew the guys since Oct. 64. I arranged a local record shop appearance for them which was quite a riot! They had "tea" at my house afterwards. I actually have an old reel-to-reel sound tape of that visit! Great guys! So Bobby wound up in Australia? He stayed here in the States for a while after the breakup. Used to come to our local "pot" parties. I talked to Peter once in the early 90's, but lost touch with him again. You can email me at wadham97@aol.com if you would like a record or some pictures.

Jackie+

Karen said...

My Uncle Peter was in The Minets..heard them for the first time tonight :)